Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Memories

Thoughts and memories.

I was maybe 4 or 5,I remember dad coming home from work.
He smelled like paint,how many times do I think of him when I smell fresh paint?

I worked with him once.Just once.I did not know what I was doing and he was not a good teacher of future employees.I never worked for him again,nor did he ask me to.

We didn't get along well until I was married.Then I grew up and we became pretty close.

Watching tv: I was about ten,looking at tv,I think we had 5 channels to choose from.
I would sit in front of the tv,changing channels as fast as I could.
My brothers yelled at me telling me i was going to ruin the channel switch.
I told them I would get pliers to change channels.
They told me that would wear down the switcher.I had nothing to say about that.
Isn't it odd and just weird the things we remember?

Going to church on Sunday mornings,Dad and my oldest brother Jack lighting smokes,me gagging in the back seat,getting yelled at for opening the window.

Me,not doing homework,parents yelling,but I was always somewhere else in my head.

Showing my dad a traffic ticket,on the day of my court date.That was not fun at all.

more later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brother Mike, I to worked for Dad just one day. He had me fill all the nail holes with putty. There had to be 10,000 holes. well at least 5,000. He nevr asked me to work with him again. It is funny what we do remember. I have no memory of the TV thing.