Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Legacy

I wonder what memories we will leave our kids.
This is what my dad left me.
He left with me a sense of stability in in life,his relationship with my mom and most important his stabilty in in relationship to Christ.
No, he wasnt perfect,he had faults.He was tempermental.
I stuggled in my youth with a relationship with him,we did not get along.
Not until I was married and settled down did we finaly learn to get along.
When he got very sick we became closer,we listened to the Gaithers songs when he came to my house and we were both very moved.He told me after listening to several records,"That was real nice,Mike"
How well I remember those words,simple words, yet to me it said a lot.We had healed all past wounds.
Dan Fogelberg said it best.Papa,I don't think I said I love you near enough.

No comments: